Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Short Caner Update

Well we got the report back and the cancer is stage 3, it has spread to the lymph nodes. He will start chemo and radiation ASAP. Thanks to the support of my bestest, bestest friends I've decided to be proactive and I've taken some steps to regain some semblance of control.

SO I paid WAY too much money, even though Andy is about to be laid off, to join a program at my nieces' gym. (Kinda like biggest looser) and then once that is over I'll be checked out myself to make sure I'm not secretly hiding any huge tumors. As we want to start the ball moving later this year for our next baby, God and finances willing, I want to move forward knowing I've done all I can to be prepared to provide for any spirit God sees fit to send me. Cause I know that as much as Sarah loves me, the last thing she needs is for me to drop TWO babies in her lap to raise.

Other things I've considered to deal with the stress (because cancer isn't enough, or having Andy's job stress, or dozens of other things which I could mention which is why I should totally write a book)
  • run away to Vegas
  • get a perm and dye my hair blonde
  • two words - nipple piercing
  • go crazy at the gym and win that stupid TV even though just thinking about another TV in my house makes me angry.
  • Buy Andy a season pass to six flags so we can all go for free several times this year (DID THIS ONE!)
All I can say for now is that I am immensely grateful for all the things I do have - lots of great friends and family that I truly love, the gospel and the peace it brings, a loving Father in Heaven who I know is watching out for me and just has to give me extra trials so that I can make up for being extra "spirited", a big party to look forward to next year where everyone and their mother will be invited (woot woot!) and most of all my husband and son, who are my whole world.

3 comments:

  1. I love you Peggy...you always make me laugh. I say go for the nipple rings!! How fun to have a season pass to six flags! I love it there. I think it's great that you're taking steps to be proactive. You are such an amazing person! I think of you often and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear it has spread. What do they say? Is it something they can kill or make go away? I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally take them both, as you well know! Here's the thing though, if you win that TV, I want it!! :) We still have out 10+ year old 19 incher that takes ten minutes for the picture to come up!!!

    ReplyDelete