Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A few little updates

I realize it's been a while, so I thought I ought to put a few things down because I know I do have a few friends who follow me on here.

First, Ben's last pathology report came back with no cancer so the surgery and radiation did the trick! He has another surgery tomorrow to get everything put back together, and then a couple more rounds of chemo, but I for one am feeling relieved. (Easy for me to say, I don't live with it everyday.)

Also, I have been searching for work, as I was not able to stay on at the daycare due to the suffering economy. No hard feelings or anything, I love Janicca as much or more than ever seeing how much she loves the kids she watches. In fact, seeing how great she is with babies and knowing how much I struggle, I'm fully prepared to "share" my next one (God willing) with her until they are a year old (aka fun).

Verizon has offered me a job back, so the current plan is to return to work there effective 9/25, but I will work nights and have Thurs/Fri off (I think, still subject to change) so I will be impossible to contact for 6 - 12 months. Just send me a text, email, etc. and I'll reply when I can.

For anyone in the area, I did win that Ice cream party for 100 from Dryers, and it will be in my front yard on 9/18, so please contact me if you plan to come (YOU CAN!!)

ON the boy front - he is learning to read. Seriously! He can read about five or six words now - Go, What, Key, Duck, etc. and we are learning to sound out words, so I am having a TON of fun watching it all come together in his mind.

Finally, I want to say this right. I tend to be good with tact but have all the spirit of a bull elephant. I think being a stay at home mom is a totally respectable and admirable choice. However, I am not sure that it suits me. I love my boy, but I tend to be bad at homemaker things like keeping up with the house and cooking. I have found something that I am enjoying and I feel like I am adding value to our families bottom line while I look for work. I am coupon-ing! I've cut our weekly grocery budget in half and and I am bringing in more food. I am a bit dictated by what goes on sale, not what we prefer, but for us this is working. If nothing else I can stock up our pantry and food storage, which is most always woefully lacking. (No joke, my food storage is a box of hot cocoa, about 13 packages of spaghetti noodles, and a lot of water. That's all. At least I could add some sauce right? ugh.) For all three of us, I'm spending about $50 a week now. Hooray!

For anyone who wants more info on how to do all that (it is A LOT of work, but I think worth it) send me a message and I"ll get back to you with more info.

Thanks and big hugs to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment